The Optical Diagnostics Group at Plasma Physics and Technology Programme, Risø DTU invites applications for a PhD scholarship within the area of optical tomography in combustion.
Apply before: 30.10.2008 at 12:00 (noon)
The project concerns development of new optical emission/absorption tomography methods for combustion diagnostic to obtain 2D information about gas temperature and gas concentrations. It comprises a combined theoretical, numerical and experimental approach, with the possibility of participation in on-going projects. The aim is to develop tomographic methods for lab-scale as well as full-scale measurement in hot gas flows, e.g. diesel engine or exhaust, boilers and flames. The project will be based on in situ optically-based spectroscopic methods in infra-red (IR) and ultra-violet (UV) ranges to be developed at Risø DTU and, moreover, involves significant extensions and new developments in the field of optical tomography. In particular, the following problems will be addressed:
Optical properties of gases in IR and UV spectral region at high gas temperature and effect of pressure.
Development of software and algorithms for IR and UV optical emission tomography system and methodology for in situ spectra-resolved gas concentration and
Experiments on laboratory hot gas flow and data processing using a new infrared (IR) emission/absorption multi-channel spectrometer for simultaneous measurements of gas temperature and gas composition.
The work will be performed in close contact with other member in the group, partners and industry. The results should ultimately contribute to the extension of the group’s capabilities for in situ optical diagnostic in various combustive environments.
We offer an interesting and challenging PhD project in an international atmosphere.
You are expected to have a university or master degree. It will be an advantage if you have a good mathematical background and knowledge in solution of inverse ill-posed problems. Moreover, it is beneficial that you have experience in one or more of the areas: optics, gas spectroscopy, combustion physics and good numerical skills.
Terms of employment
You will be employed in accordance with the terms and conditions applicable to PhD scholarships at Risø DTU. The scholarship for the PhD degree is subject to academic approval, and the successful candidate will be enrolled in one of the general degree programmes of DTU. The position is for a fixed duration of 3 years.
We must have your online application by 30 October 2008. Please open the link "apply online" and fill in the application form and attach your application and CV. Please also attach your documentation of M.Sc.-degree, list of grades of your M.Sc.- and B.Sc./B.Eng.-education. In case of a non-Danish degree, please inform about highest grade and lowest passing grade of the grading system.
You are welcome to contact Head of Programme Jens Juul Rasmussen, firstname.lastname@example.org, +45 4677 4537, Senior Scientist Sønnik Clausen, email@example.com, +45 4677 4523 or Scientist Alexander Fateev, firstname.lastname@example.org, +45 4677 4564.
You can read more about Risø DTU on www.risoe.dtu.dk.
Risø DTU requires diversity and supports equal opportunities irrespective of sex and ethnic background.
Apply On line
Choose From Here
- ► 2009 (88)
- HAPPY DIWALI TO ALL....
- Student Jobs - RISO DTU
- Vestas Receives Turbine Orders from Spain, Turkey,...
- MAIN ATTRACTIONS OF THE EMPLOYMENT NEWS ISSUE DATE...
- Workshop on Future Energy Systems
- Plug-In Hybrid Electric Vehicles
- Technology to produce biodiesel from Algae to be d...
- Congrats to Indian Scientist /Government / all who...
- கலைஞர் பார்த்து மனம் கலங்கிய குறுவட்டு
- எதுவும் வேண்டாம்... இலங்கை தமிழர்களின் நிலை கண்ட எ...
- EVEREADY RECHARGE 2500mAh & 2700mAh
- மீண்டும் பசுமை புரட்சி [Green Revolution] -Written...
- Funny but Not For all...Slowdown: IT execs marriag...
- Birthday Greetings To Dr. APJ. Abdul Kalam
- Learn More Languages
- EMPLOYMENT NEWS ISSUE DATED 18.10.08.
- Asst Manager - Contracts - Areva - Chennai
- Speech of Sushilkumar Shinde on US-India Business ...
- Wind Engineer & Asst.Management Supervisor for pac...
- Meltdown impact: TCS to cut Q2 variable pay?
- GH provides due diligence for Doughty Hanson’s suc...
- Vestas receives order for 99MW for Spain
- Govt provides Rs 25K to financial institutions (Br...
- Great Move by TN Government - [Wish it not only fo...
- TN- CM - Mr.Karunanidhi hopes Centre will cooperat...
- For the first time ever in India – a unique two-da...
- Head EPC & Manager Design - For Auromira Energy Co...
- Oil prices fall below $78 a barrel
- Enercon India Limited - More Openings
- Bush signs India-U.S. nuclear bill into law
- Non-conventional Energy Park soon
- MCCI opposes TNEB move
- “In principle” nod for unbundling of TNEB (Into Th...
- PhD scholarship - Optical Tomography in Combustion...
- Anna University to hold its State-level placement ...
- Senior Scientist, PhD, Nini Pryds appointed Head o...
- Farmers in Sanand welcome Tata's Nano project
- LN Mittal elected Chairman of World Steel Associat...
- PM announces $20 mn for Palestine
- Oil falls below $90 as financial turmoil spreads
- 5.7 quake rattles northwestern China: Report
- IB to go hi-tech, get more manpower to fight terro...
- Indian cos may encash c-credits
- Training programme to teach German in schools
- Rapid reading: Further barriers to be overcome
- MBA agribusiness
- French scholarships for engineering students
- Open universities to offer language courses
- Reliance Industries seeks sops to sell fuel in Ind...
- Iran wants more than $100 a barrel for oil
- Dual pricing policy for diesel under study
- சே பிடலுக்கு...(Tamil Poem)
- Have U ever heard about LPG gas cylinder's expiry ...
- Wind & Site Engineer-For MNC - Required [Urgent]
- VESTAS: Graduate Program
- DONG Energy: Analyses of the temperature profile o...
- ▼ October (56)