Interesting range of exhibits to be displayed
The Rs.1.28-crore project aims at highlighting the importance non-conventional sources of energy
It is coming up at the rear of the Birla planetarium
CHENNAI: The Non-conventional Energy Park proposed by the State Government will come up at the Periyar Science and Technology Centre in the city by March next year.
“An interesting range of indoor and outdoor exhibits on non-conventional energy will be displayed here,” P. Iyamperumal, executive director of the centre told The Hindu.
The Non-conventional Energy Park, which will house the indoor exhibits, is coming up at the rear of the Birla planetarium.
An initiative of the Tamil Nadu Energy Development Agency, in association with the Tamil Nadu Science and Technology Centre and the Government of India, the Rs.1.28-crore project is aimed at highlighting the importance and effectiveness of non-conventional sources of energy.
“All the exhibits are ready. We have purchased solar panels from Tata BP Solar and BHEL. Once the construction is over, we will have the exhibits installed,” Mr. Iyamperumal added.
List of exhibits
The list of exhibits include an energy information kiosk, models on ‘energy past, present and future,’ ‘Story of energy,’ different types of solar cookers, solar water heating systems and solar desalination plant. Computer games and quizzes on energy will also be made available.
The scope of other sources of energy such as wind and bio-energy will be highlighted through models of windmills, an aero generator and an anemometer.
A bio-gas plant with fixed and floating domes and stimulated models of bio-mass gasifiers will also be displayed.
“Students will have good exposure to renewable sources of energy, as we will have models demonstrating the uses of tidal energy with exhibits of a tidal power generator, wave power generator, geo thermal energy, ocean thermal energy conservation system,” he added.
Apart from these, interactive exhibits of a battery operated bicycle, power-generating drum, solar weighing machine and instruments for measuring the sun’s temperature and radiation will also find a place at the Park.
Source : The Hindu
Choose From Here
- ► 2009 (88)
- HAPPY DIWALI TO ALL....
- Student Jobs - RISO DTU
- Vestas Receives Turbine Orders from Spain, Turkey,...
- MAIN ATTRACTIONS OF THE EMPLOYMENT NEWS ISSUE DATE...
- Workshop on Future Energy Systems
- Plug-In Hybrid Electric Vehicles
- Technology to produce biodiesel from Algae to be d...
- Congrats to Indian Scientist /Government / all who...
- கலைஞர் பார்த்து மனம் கலங்கிய குறுவட்டு
- எதுவும் வேண்டாம்... இலங்கை தமிழர்களின் நிலை கண்ட எ...
- EVEREADY RECHARGE 2500mAh & 2700mAh
- மீண்டும் பசுமை புரட்சி [Green Revolution] -Written...
- Funny but Not For all...Slowdown: IT execs marriag...
- Birthday Greetings To Dr. APJ. Abdul Kalam
- Learn More Languages
- EMPLOYMENT NEWS ISSUE DATED 18.10.08.
- Asst Manager - Contracts - Areva - Chennai
- Speech of Sushilkumar Shinde on US-India Business ...
- Wind Engineer & Asst.Management Supervisor for pac...
- Meltdown impact: TCS to cut Q2 variable pay?
- GH provides due diligence for Doughty Hanson’s suc...
- Vestas receives order for 99MW for Spain
- Govt provides Rs 25K to financial institutions (Br...
- Great Move by TN Government - [Wish it not only fo...
- TN- CM - Mr.Karunanidhi hopes Centre will cooperat...
- For the first time ever in India – a unique two-da...
- Head EPC & Manager Design - For Auromira Energy Co...
- Oil prices fall below $78 a barrel
- Enercon India Limited - More Openings
- Bush signs India-U.S. nuclear bill into law
- Non-conventional Energy Park soon
- MCCI opposes TNEB move
- “In principle” nod for unbundling of TNEB (Into Th...
- PhD scholarship - Optical Tomography in Combustion...
- Anna University to hold its State-level placement ...
- Senior Scientist, PhD, Nini Pryds appointed Head o...
- Farmers in Sanand welcome Tata's Nano project
- LN Mittal elected Chairman of World Steel Associat...
- PM announces $20 mn for Palestine
- Oil falls below $90 as financial turmoil spreads
- 5.7 quake rattles northwestern China: Report
- IB to go hi-tech, get more manpower to fight terro...
- Indian cos may encash c-credits
- Training programme to teach German in schools
- Rapid reading: Further barriers to be overcome
- MBA agribusiness
- French scholarships for engineering students
- Open universities to offer language courses
- Reliance Industries seeks sops to sell fuel in Ind...
- Iran wants more than $100 a barrel for oil
- Dual pricing policy for diesel under study
- சே பிடலுக்கு...(Tamil Poem)
- Have U ever heard about LPG gas cylinder's expiry ...
- Wind & Site Engineer-For MNC - Required [Urgent]
- VESTAS: Graduate Program
- DONG Energy: Analyses of the temperature profile o...
- ▼ October (56)