As part of a DONG Energy R&D project this project contains analyses of the actual temperature conditions of 33kV subsea cables in founda-tions of offshore wind farms.
In the dimensioning process towards an optimal square size of 33kV subsea cables in offshore wind farms the temperature conditions around the cable have to be taken into account. The hot spots lie typically in the foundations. The cables hang inside the foundations in so called J-tubes (tubes formed like a J). Since air has a low thermal conductivity, the hotspot of the cables lies typically in the upper part of the J-tube, where the cable is surrounded by air.
The intention of this project is to evaluate and verify the dimensioning criteria's for 33kV cables in offshore wind farms. The evaluation will primarily be based on analyses of temperature measurements, which have been measured for the duration of approx. 1 year in an existing offshore wind farm. Based on the measurements, a typically maximum temperature profile of the cable and its surroundings should be calcu-lated.
The project will be undertaken in cooperation with the student’s university and the department of Electrical Power engineering in DONG Energy, and should contain the following elements:
Investigate and analyze the temperature conditions in offshore wind farm foundations based on measurements.
Evaluate the existing dimensioning criteria´s.
Provide recommendations for future offshore wind farm cable projects
The project can be extended into the next face of the R&D project where DONG Energy in November 2008 is going to install new measurement equipment on an existing offshore wind farm. The equipment measures the temperature via optical fibers.
Necessary skills / studies
Interest in Offshore Wind Power
Understanding of Power Engineering
Gains / experience
The project will give a practical understanding of different electrical conditions in offshore wind farms. The job can be carried out either as a one day per week student job or as a full-time student project. Office location will be university (preferred) and/or DONG Energy location in Copenhagen or Århus.
phone: +45 9955 6365
Learn more about DONG Energy
Choose From Here
- ► 2009 (88)
- HAPPY DIWALI TO ALL....
- Student Jobs - RISO DTU
- Vestas Receives Turbine Orders from Spain, Turkey,...
- MAIN ATTRACTIONS OF THE EMPLOYMENT NEWS ISSUE DATE...
- Workshop on Future Energy Systems
- Plug-In Hybrid Electric Vehicles
- Technology to produce biodiesel from Algae to be d...
- Congrats to Indian Scientist /Government / all who...
- கலைஞர் பார்த்து மனம் கலங்கிய குறுவட்டு
- எதுவும் வேண்டாம்... இலங்கை தமிழர்களின் நிலை கண்ட எ...
- EVEREADY RECHARGE 2500mAh & 2700mAh
- மீண்டும் பசுமை புரட்சி [Green Revolution] -Written...
- Funny but Not For all...Slowdown: IT execs marriag...
- Birthday Greetings To Dr. APJ. Abdul Kalam
- Learn More Languages
- EMPLOYMENT NEWS ISSUE DATED 18.10.08.
- Asst Manager - Contracts - Areva - Chennai
- Speech of Sushilkumar Shinde on US-India Business ...
- Wind Engineer & Asst.Management Supervisor for pac...
- Meltdown impact: TCS to cut Q2 variable pay?
- GH provides due diligence for Doughty Hanson’s suc...
- Vestas receives order for 99MW for Spain
- Govt provides Rs 25K to financial institutions (Br...
- Great Move by TN Government - [Wish it not only fo...
- TN- CM - Mr.Karunanidhi hopes Centre will cooperat...
- For the first time ever in India – a unique two-da...
- Head EPC & Manager Design - For Auromira Energy Co...
- Oil prices fall below $78 a barrel
- Enercon India Limited - More Openings
- Bush signs India-U.S. nuclear bill into law
- Non-conventional Energy Park soon
- MCCI opposes TNEB move
- “In principle” nod for unbundling of TNEB (Into Th...
- PhD scholarship - Optical Tomography in Combustion...
- Anna University to hold its State-level placement ...
- Senior Scientist, PhD, Nini Pryds appointed Head o...
- Farmers in Sanand welcome Tata's Nano project
- LN Mittal elected Chairman of World Steel Associat...
- PM announces $20 mn for Palestine
- Oil falls below $90 as financial turmoil spreads
- 5.7 quake rattles northwestern China: Report
- IB to go hi-tech, get more manpower to fight terro...
- Indian cos may encash c-credits
- Training programme to teach German in schools
- Rapid reading: Further barriers to be overcome
- MBA agribusiness
- French scholarships for engineering students
- Open universities to offer language courses
- Reliance Industries seeks sops to sell fuel in Ind...
- Iran wants more than $100 a barrel for oil
- Dual pricing policy for diesel under study
- சே பிடலுக்கு...(Tamil Poem)
- Have U ever heard about LPG gas cylinder's expiry ...
- Wind & Site Engineer-For MNC - Required [Urgent]
- VESTAS: Graduate Program
- DONG Energy: Analyses of the temperature profile o...
- ▼ October (56)