The scholarship is for women with a Science background and a passion for dealing with the latest scientific and technological inventions. Training in the area of intellectual property rights, particularly patent searches, understanding of patent specifications and preparation of technology scan report.
Who can apply
Candidates should at least be M.Sc / Ph.D in physical sciences, chemical sciences, life sciences or B.Tech, or B.E/ M.Tech or MBBS / MS / MD / MVSc / BPharma / MPharma with a good academic record. Familiarity in handling computers vis-à-vis databases, net-surfing and information searches is important. Those with research experience, preparing project reports and experience of thesis writing will be preferred.
Candidates should not be over 50 years of age.
Scholarship will be admissible for a period of one year and the amount of scholarship will be maximum of Rs. 10, 000 per month for candidates having MSc or BTech or MBBS or BPharma and a maximum of Rs. 15,000 per month for PhD/ MTech/MPharma/MVSc and MS/MD.
Selection will be through written test and interview. Written examination will be held in four cities, namely, Delhi (for TIFAC), Chennai (for CCSTDS), Pune (for URDIP) and Kolkata (for IIT Kharagpur). Similarly, interviews of short listed candidates will be held at these centres. Each candidate must indicate her preference for the centre in her application.
For more information
Patent Facilitating CentreTechnology Information,
Forecasting and Assessment council (TIFAC),
Tel: (011) 26967458, 26592815, 28592802
Also visit http://www.scholarshipsinindia.com/womenscientist.html
Source : India Times,Anahita Subhedar
Choose From Here
- ► 2009 (88)
- CBE Industries against Power Holiday
- Suzlon acquires Martifer's tranche
- TN wind power producers seek Govt support
- Power Cut Lifted, But Power Holiday Introduced...
- Ministry of Urban Development - Year – End – Revi...
- Cabinet gives go ahead for an integrated energy po...
- Suzlon’s rights issue gets nod
- THE EMPLOYMENT NEWS ISSUE DATED 27.12.08
- Women scientist scholarship scheme
- Land Acquisition & Process : Asst. Manager / Dy. M...
- Dy. Manager / Manager - Regulatory Affairs for MNC...
- Regional Managers for Enercon India Ltd. (EIL) in ...
- How much of the world’s energy could come from sol...
- Govt to spend Rs 9,000 cr annually for revised pay...
- Chennaiyil Thiruvaiyaaru...
- THE EMPLOYMENT NEWS ISSUE DATED 20.12.08.
- Student Project at RISO -Denmark
- Employment News issue dated 13.12.2008
- UNEP Risoe Centre launches publication on a reform...
- Employment News - 09 Dec 2008 - 15 Dec 2008
- “Solar energy, the ultimate option to meet growing...
- Cong wins Delhi, Mizoram, Raj; BJP MP, Chhattisgar...
- RRB Energy Ltd. (Pioneer's in Wind Power Since 198...
- Your Career With Ford @ Coimbatore
- Bombay -26/11/08 -Tribute [My Tamil Poem]
- Oil falls to lowest in more than three years
- Employment News issue dated 06.12.2008
- Vestas to supply 100 wind turbines for Thanet offs...
- What is Very important for us(Indians)?
- "1090" - ALL INDIA TOLL-FREE Terror Help-line
- My Tamil Works -An intro - Video
- National AIDS Control Programme
- Petrol price cut by Rs 9, diesel by Rs 4
- BHEL, TNEB form JV to set up supercritical thermal...
- Acciona's Indian wind farms certified as CDM proje...
- ▼ December (35)