PrintDevelopment of an input model to the Monte Carlo program MCNP-5 for port plug no. 12 of the ITER fusion machine (NUK-3)
Calculation of neutron and gamma fluxes for the Collective Thomson Scattering (CTS) Diagnostics system for ITER by means of Monte Carlo technique
The aim of the project is to perform calculations of neutron and gamma fluxes for the Collective Thomson Scattering diagnostic system planned for ITER
Calculation of neutron and gamma fluxes for the Collective Thomson Scattering (CTS) Diagnostics system for ITER with emphasis of parts of the system positioned in port plug #12.
The project will contribute towards developing neutron calculation capabilities for the ITER fusion environment. Calculations of neutron and gamma fluxes for ITER are performed with the MCNP Monte Carlo code. The project aims at performing calculations of neutron and gamma fluxes for the Collective Thomson Scattering diagnostic system planned for ITER.
Last year a student developed a simplified 40 degree geometric input model to MCNP-5 of parts of the ITER-machine including both inboard and outboard components. This model was benchmarked against a 20 degrees reference model called ITER FEAT with success.
The new work involves setting up more details in the geometric input model of especially port plug #12, where main parts of the Collective Thomson Scattering (CTS) Diagnostics system for ITER being developed at Risø DTU is positioned. However, other equipment is also present at the Port plug and need to be included in the input model. Design data is available from the CAD/CAM program CATIA. The project will be made in collaboration with the plasma group at Risø DTU.
The Monte Carlo program MCNP-5 is available in a multiprocessor version at the Mary Linux cluster at Risø DTU comprising 240 CPU units. This gives sufficient possibilities for making parametric studies with the input model of the neutron and gamma flux in the port plug. E.g. different material compositions, different dimensions and so on and so forth.
Physics students with interest for Monte Carlo technique
3 – 4 months
Choose From Here
- ► 2009 (88)
- CBE Industries against Power Holiday
- Suzlon acquires Martifer's tranche
- TN wind power producers seek Govt support
- Power Cut Lifted, But Power Holiday Introduced...
- Ministry of Urban Development - Year – End – Revi...
- Cabinet gives go ahead for an integrated energy po...
- Suzlon’s rights issue gets nod
- THE EMPLOYMENT NEWS ISSUE DATED 27.12.08
- Women scientist scholarship scheme
- Land Acquisition & Process : Asst. Manager / Dy. M...
- Dy. Manager / Manager - Regulatory Affairs for MNC...
- Regional Managers for Enercon India Ltd. (EIL) in ...
- How much of the world’s energy could come from sol...
- Govt to spend Rs 9,000 cr annually for revised pay...
- Chennaiyil Thiruvaiyaaru...
- THE EMPLOYMENT NEWS ISSUE DATED 20.12.08.
- Student Project at RISO -Denmark
- Employment News issue dated 13.12.2008
- UNEP Risoe Centre launches publication on a reform...
- Employment News - 09 Dec 2008 - 15 Dec 2008
- “Solar energy, the ultimate option to meet growing...
- Cong wins Delhi, Mizoram, Raj; BJP MP, Chhattisgar...
- RRB Energy Ltd. (Pioneer's in Wind Power Since 198...
- Your Career With Ford @ Coimbatore
- Bombay -26/11/08 -Tribute [My Tamil Poem]
- Oil falls to lowest in more than three years
- Employment News issue dated 06.12.2008
- Vestas to supply 100 wind turbines for Thanet offs...
- What is Very important for us(Indians)?
- "1090" - ALL INDIA TOLL-FREE Terror Help-line
- My Tamil Works -An intro - Video
- National AIDS Control Programme
- Petrol price cut by Rs 9, diesel by Rs 4
- BHEL, TNEB form JV to set up supercritical thermal...
- Acciona's Indian wind farms certified as CDM proje...
- ▼ December (35)