BANGALORE/NEW DELHI: The banking, financial services and insurance (BFSI) segment is the largest outsourcing vertical for Indian technology players.
The space contributes up to 40% of the revenues for some top IT firms. The industry employs around 3,50,000 people in the BFSI space of which the top six players alone account for 180,000 jobs. The domain accounted for $10 billion of the total $32 billion revenues the industry posted during the last fiscal.
Combine these facts with the crisis in Wall Street, and what we have is a sombre picture of things to come. If market estimates are anything to go by, what’s happening in the global financial markets can result in the loss of as many as 20,000 to 25,000 jobs in India.
That means, the likes of Cognizant, TCS, Infosys, HCL, Wipro and Satyam will announce huge lay-offs over the next couple of quarters. TOI had reported last week that Satyam was already planning a substantial workforce reduction.
Source : ET
Choose From Here
- ► 2009 (88)
- Reading : Get rid of those speed breakers
- Chinese astronaut walks in space
- Hevesy Laboratory provides emergency assistance to...
- Your Space Dream is possible now - @ Atlantis
- At least 125 people have been killed in a stampede...
- CFLs to soon sell for Rs 15 only
- Wind Energy Manager / Dy. Manager / Engineer @ Ban...
- Lars Martiny is new head of the Radiation Research...
- Ph.D. scholarship - For The Radiation Research Div...
- BIO ENERGY INFO....
- From RISO : New network to turn waste into gold
- Effects of climate change by 2020
- Suzlon Signs Turbine Deals
- Google sees energy solution in the math
- Chandrayaan to be unveiled today
- First Carbon Trading Firm Launches in South Korea
- IT cos ask recruitment agencies to stop hiring
- Live Traffic Portal for Fantastic Fives[Delhi,Chen...
- Uncertain times for 2,500 Lehman India staff
- Satyam Computers to axe 4,500 employees
- India Inc recruits less people in FY08
- Tatas to rollout 1,000 Nanos from Pune plant
- Will going vegetarian help save the world?
- Slowdown what? Infy to hire 25,000 in 2008
- LM Glasfiber - WT Blade Major - Press release...
- LM Glasfiber establishes R&D office at Risø DTU
- If i was made commissioner police...visualises Kir...
- Indian crude basket may range between $99-$101/bar...
- Oil price falls to below $100 per barrel
- Deutsche Messe presents three high-profile trade f...
- Birth, death certificates can now be downloaded
- Singur stalemate ends
- NSG waiver to India-A breakthrough, says Kakodkar
- Price control steps not to hurt growth: Manmohan
- Tata suspends Singur work; looking at alternate op...
- PM's Independence Day Speech, 2008
- Sarva Shiksha Abhiyan... Education for All
- Our President Address to the Nation on the Eve of ...
- Suzlon to buy out Martifer stake in REpower
- Penalty fails to curb power overdrawal (What will...
- Dr. Subbarao to Head RBI From 5th Sep'08 - By Unio...
- A Good News: (More talktime on pre-paid top-ups fr...
- Mamata says work at Tata plant can resume
- Will Maoist Nepal put China first?
- Govt plans no cut in fuel price - minister
- Aviation fuel to cost less, but airlines against f...
- ▼ September (46)