EASY TO USE: Local Administration Minister M.K. Stalin launching the online facility for issue of birth and death certificates in Chennai on Sunday.
CHENNAI: A click of the computer mouse is all that is required now to get copies of birth and death certificates issued by the Chennai Corporation.
Local Administration Minister M.K. Stalin on Sunday launched the Corporation’s online facility to issue birth and death certificates. He said the certificates could be downloaded from any part of the world free of cost.
“The facility is easy to use and people can save a lot of time,” he said.
The Corporation’s website ( www.chennaicorporation.gov.in) has a link for ‘online civic services.’
The user can click the link and choose the birth or death certificate option. The search criteria include name, registration number and parents’ names. Any two criteria need to be filled to launch the search. Once the certificate is found online, it can be printed out. About 1.06 lakh births and 41,000 deaths are registered in the city every year.
Corporation Commissioner Rajesh Lakhoni said the website had received thousands of clicks recently in response to the online services offered.
“About 92 per cent of the clicks are to view birth, death and property tax details,” he said.
The Corporation will soon inaugurate online booking for community halls and mortuary vans.
Source: The Hindu
Choose From Here
- ► 2009 (88)
- Reading : Get rid of those speed breakers
- Chinese astronaut walks in space
- Hevesy Laboratory provides emergency assistance to...
- Your Space Dream is possible now - @ Atlantis
- At least 125 people have been killed in a stampede...
- CFLs to soon sell for Rs 15 only
- Wind Energy Manager / Dy. Manager / Engineer @ Ban...
- Lars Martiny is new head of the Radiation Research...
- Ph.D. scholarship - For The Radiation Research Div...
- BIO ENERGY INFO....
- From RISO : New network to turn waste into gold
- Effects of climate change by 2020
- Suzlon Signs Turbine Deals
- Google sees energy solution in the math
- Chandrayaan to be unveiled today
- First Carbon Trading Firm Launches in South Korea
- IT cos ask recruitment agencies to stop hiring
- Live Traffic Portal for Fantastic Fives[Delhi,Chen...
- Uncertain times for 2,500 Lehman India staff
- Satyam Computers to axe 4,500 employees
- India Inc recruits less people in FY08
- Tatas to rollout 1,000 Nanos from Pune plant
- Will going vegetarian help save the world?
- Slowdown what? Infy to hire 25,000 in 2008
- LM Glasfiber - WT Blade Major - Press release...
- LM Glasfiber establishes R&D office at Risø DTU
- If i was made commissioner police...visualises Kir...
- Indian crude basket may range between $99-$101/bar...
- Oil price falls to below $100 per barrel
- Deutsche Messe presents three high-profile trade f...
- Birth, death certificates can now be downloaded
- Singur stalemate ends
- NSG waiver to India-A breakthrough, says Kakodkar
- Price control steps not to hurt growth: Manmohan
- Tata suspends Singur work; looking at alternate op...
- PM's Independence Day Speech, 2008
- Sarva Shiksha Abhiyan... Education for All
- Our President Address to the Nation on the Eve of ...
- Suzlon to buy out Martifer stake in REpower
- Penalty fails to curb power overdrawal (What will...
- Dr. Subbarao to Head RBI From 5th Sep'08 - By Unio...
- A Good News: (More talktime on pre-paid top-ups fr...
- Mamata says work at Tata plant can resume
- Will Maoist Nepal put China first?
- Govt plans no cut in fuel price - minister
- Aviation fuel to cost less, but airlines against f...
- ▼ September (46)