Bangalore, Jan. 5 In a bid to speed up the capacity to meet the steep demand for energy, the Karnataka Government has advanced the development of three power projects (of 660 MW each) in collaboration with the Bharat Heavy Electricals during the 11th Five-Year Plan period itself against its original decision to take them up in 12th Plan.
The three projects would be located at Edlapur and Yeramaraus in Raichur district. Yeramaraus would have two projects of 660 MW each. The Government would be signing MoUs with BHEL in Delhi on January 12. It will also be entering into a separate MoU on the same day with the National Thermal Power Corporation for setting up a 4,000-MW thermal power project at Kudigi in Bijapur district, said the Minister for Energy, Mr K.S. Eshwarappa.
Addressing a press conference here on Monday, he said the details and cost of the three projects would be announced after the MoU was signed. He said KPCL (Karnataka Power Corp Ltd) and BHEL would invest 26 per cent each in the projects. Boards of BHEL and KPCL had given their approvals for the projects, he added.
KPCL would be setting up a Special Purpose Vehicle with BHEL to implement the projects, said the Principal Secretary, Energy, Mr K. Jairaj. The State would be negotiating for obtaining 3,000 MW of power supply form the mega project for its own use.
Mr Eshwarappa said the Government has also decided to set up 270 MW hydro electricity project at an estimated cost of Rs 600 crore at Shivanasamudra.
The proposal would be placed before the next Cabinet meeting.
Source : The Hindu - BL
Choose From Here
- THE EMPLOYMENT NEWS ISSUE DATED 24.01.09
- Central Government Scholarship for +2 Students wit...
- The President Of USA - Barack Obama 2009 Inaugurat...
- PSU push soon for renewable energy
- Suzlon-subsidiary to develop 1,500 MW wind project...
- Employment News issue dated 17.01.09
- Energy Management workshop for Power Sector : BEE
- 8th World Wind Energy Conference 2009: Wind Power ...
- Gujarat govt announces new solar power policy
- THE EMPLOYMENT NEWS ISSUE DATED 10.01.09.
- Books for Clean & Green Life / World...
- Karnataka, BHEL speed up 3 power projects
- Openings in Gamesa Wind India Pvt Ltd.
- Employment News issue dated 03.01.2009
- PMA -Renewable Energy Presentation
- International Climate Champions 2009 [15-Jan-09 -...
- Happy New Year 2009 - "Year of Actions"
- ▼ January (17)